If you have an Amazon package you are expecting, but didn’t get it – there’s a good chance that it was stolen. Here’s a quick video on how to get a hold of Amazon if you think a package was stolen.
If your tracking information shows that your package was delivered, but you can’t find it:
Within 36 hours of expected delivery:
- Verify the shipping address
- Look for a notice of attempted delivery
- Look around the delivery location for your package
- See if someone else accepted the delivery
- Some packages travel through multiple carriers; check your mailbox or wherever else you receive mail.
- Wait 36 hours – in rare cases packages may say delivered up to 36 hours prior to arrival
I’ve found the best way to report this to Amazon is to simply go down to the bottom the page:
Click on “Help” on the lower-right hand side.
Then click on “Contact Us:”
Then check the box next to the item(s) you think were stolen:
Then below, click “Where’s my stuff” and then “Tracking shows delivered but shipment not received.”
I simply choose to email and you’ll get a kind representative. I’ve had them simply send a replacement.
Note: Please do not abuse this feature. Amazon is a company trying to make an honest profit. They depend upon people being honest about stolen packages.